The way we approach skin care says a lot about our personalities. Some women prefer to flit from brand to brand always trying something new in the hope of a miracle. Others find a brand and range they like, and stick with it for years.
At African Extracts we are lucky to have so many loyal customers, including those who have been using our Classic Day Cream since it was launched almost 20 years ago. As our newest launch – Hydrofirm-C+ Anti-wrinkle Formula – shows, we’re also on trend with the latest skin science technology and ingredients.
Here are five reasons for choosing African Extracts:
1. South Africa has over 45 000 plant species, more than the Amazon rainforest and entire continents. Many people still rely on traditional plant-based healing. One of the most researched of these is Rooibos. Full of antioxidants and minerals, it boosts the skin’s natural defences against the visible signs of ageing
2. We believe in the power of plant extracts – 36 in total – to help achieve everything from moisturisation and cell regeneration, to oil control and anti-pollution protection.
3. Every ingredient we use is sourced in a sustainable way to ensure that what we take out of the natural world can be replaced.
4. African Extracts has been endorsed by Beauty Without Cruelty for almost 20 years, because we care about the ethics of harming animals when alternative, safe testing methods are available. All our facial care products are now suitable for vegans – and soon all our body products will be too.
5. It’s a matter of pride that all our products are developed in South Africa for local skin types and climatic conditions, and are made at our factory in Cape Town. Many of our customers choose to support local brands – and the jobs they sustain and contribution they make to our economy.
Authentic, effective, affordable products that combine the science of skin care with the proven efficacy of natural plant extracts.